Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg resorts to mocking after ejection
Well not if you're veteran umpire Mark Ripperger.
Ripperger and Philadelphia Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg got into a heated exchange in the sixth inning of Saturday night's contest against the Chicago Cubs.
The 1984 National League MVP was defending his pitcher Roberto Hernandez, who hit Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro in the at-bat immediately following a home run.
Sandberg's argument came with a few choice words -- enough apparently that Ripperger sent him and Hernandez to the showers early.
The 10-time All-Star didn't take too kindly to his removal and quickly turned into the typical teenager who mocks his or her parents.
To say it was quite comical would be an understatement.
- Steve Nash posts photo with former Suns teammate Goran Dragic
- D-backs reward loyal fans with memorable visit to Chase Field
- Rockies spell All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki's name wrong on jersey giveaway
- Former Wildcat Aaron Gordon destroys young girl with crossover
- Texas Tech coach Kingsbury reads tweets about his own attractiveness