Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg resorts to mocking after ejection
Well not if you're veteran umpire Mark Ripperger.
Ripperger and Philadelphia Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg got into a heated exchange in the sixth inning of Saturday night's contest against the Chicago Cubs.
The 1984 National League MVP was defending his pitcher Roberto Hernandez, who hit Cubs shortstop Starlin Castro in the at-bat immediately following a home run.
Sandberg's argument came with a few choice words -- enough apparently that Ripperger sent him and Hernandez to the showers early.
The 10-time All-Star didn't take too kindly to his removal and quickly turned into the typical teenager who mocks his or her parents.
To say it was quite comical would be an understatement.
- Get your 'Johnny Clipboard' t-shirts here!
- Young fan with popcorn bucket hat gets hit by ball, falls onto field
- Dish Network hits it out of the park again with new 'Back to College' spot
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson takes Ice Bucket Challenge, tweets for first time in months
- A star-studded reminder to pre-order Madden NFL 15