Diamondbacks' Gregorius, Delgado have World Cup fever
In the clip, pitcher Randall Delgado and shortstop Didi Gregorius are kicking around a soccer ball in Chase Field's outfield.
Delgado does a fancy pass to Gregorius, who kicks it over a bullpen fence, off a wall and into a trash can. The video finishes with the two players applauding their own efforts.
It's uncertain if the two players were inspired by Team USA's first match or just the World Cup in general. Delgado is from Panama, and Gregorius hails from the Netherlands -- the latter of which is competing in the Cup. Didi's home country got off to a good start in the tournament by clobbering Spain 5-1 on Friday.
- Tee shirt pokes fun at struggling Diamondbacks
- D-backs announcers get into the spirit of 'Star Wars Day'
- Padres' 105-year-old fan delivers windmill-style first pitch
- Anxious Red Sox ball girl interferes with fair ball in foul territory
- Fan storms field at Cubs-Diamondbacks game, tries to elude security