Question and Declare: Current thoughts on the Suns?
Here's your weekly question and declare. Follow me on twitter (@doug620) to be included. Every week I'll tweet out a question on which I have an opinion. I'll give you mine and read yours. This week's question is for the Suns: what are your thoughts on the Suns, has your opinion changed in the first three weeks?
The Suns are winning more games than they were expected to. I don't understand why people want the Suns to tank the season for a better draft pick. I say it's a huge mistake to try to lose games. You create a culture of losing. Players will quickly realize that the coaching staff won't hold them accountable. Players will worry only about their own stats and not about the team. You waste valuable development time. I want every coach and player to do everything they can to win.
That's completely different than the job of the GM. If a GM is doing everything he can to lose, fire him. If a GM is doing whatever he can to accumulate draft picks, that's not tanking. If a GM is trading players that prove to be over-valued by other teams, you must trade him and you must receive draft picks. That's not tanking, that's investing.
Doug Franz, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Phoenix Suns' Channing Frye finishes third in NBA Sportsmanship Award voting
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.