Updated Oct 1, 2013 - 1:41 pm
Venom Vision: Stagnancy, not grit the theme of 2013 D-backs
The Arizona Diamondbacks of 2013 won't be remembered by their grit. Nope, they'll be remembered for their remarkable consistency.
Longest winning streak: Five games
Longest losing streak: Five games
Times they won three or more in a row: 11
Times they lost three or more in a row: 12
Home record: 45-36
Road record 36-45
Record vs. RHP: 56-58
Record vs. LHP: 25-23
Day record: 23-22
Night record: 58-59
I could go on and on with the stats, but the point is they were a model of consistency…a model of consistency that points to being stagnant. And in sports, the 'S' word is one of the worst possible things a team can be.
If there's anything we've learned from this year's squad, it's that they're the equivalent of a B-/C+ movie. You'll go see it if there's nothing else out, but the plot isn't all that original and it's not exactly going to garner any Academy Awards. The D-backs might have had their moments in 2013, but in the end they suffered the same fate as four of the previous five teams did. Another year left out in the cold come October.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.