Updated Jul 9, 2014 - 4:27 pm
Goldschmidt hits walk-off double to give D-backs extra innings win
Down 3-1 in the 10th inning, the Diamondbacks put together a rally against Marlins closer Steve Cishek. Aaron Hill singled, Ender Inciarte walked and David Peralta notched an RBI hit.
Then, in stepped Paul Goldschmidt with none out and men on the corners. He didn't hesitate, jumping on Cishek's first offering and crushing a double to the left-centerfield gap to score both runners.
In doing so, he got relief pitcher Brad Ziegler off the hook, as the Diamondbacks won 4-3.
It was Goldschmidt's fifth career walk-off hit. He leads baseball with 35 doubles and he's second in the National League with 61 RBI.
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.