Question and Declare: D-backs - success or failure at Winter Meetings?
The opinions were mostly split. The big issue is the trade for Mark Trumbo. I'm against this trade. The trade comes in two forms. Appearances and reporting say it was a three-team trade. The actual trade is Adam Eaton to the Chicago White Sox for Hector Santiago and a PTBNL (cool baseball lingo for a player to be named later that we've since learned is Brandon Jacobs) and then Santiago is packaged with Tyler Skaggs to L.A. to bring in Trumbo.
I love the first part of the trade. I wish Arizona would have stopped there. I love Eaton for Santiago. The outfield is set and didn't need Eaton. The starting pitching is a weakness. I like Santiago as a No. 4 starter and he might improve above that.
I'm not anti-Trumbo. I don't think this will be a disaster as others see it. There's a difference between not liking a deal and thinking the world is caving in. I disagree with this trade because Skaggs has 13 starts in his MLB career. Watch the video for the reason I want to keep Skaggs and for a special visitor who makes a surprise cameo.
Doug Franz, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.