Ice Bites: Coyotes should work to keep Antoine Vermette
Oh, the Phoenix Coyotes.
What can I say about you this season? You go from being arguably one of the best teams in the National Hockey League to one the most frustrating so quickly; consistent inconsistency at its finest.
But one player has been producing all season long for an up-and-down Phoenix team: Antoine Vermette.
The 31-year-old center leads the team with 21 goals and is currently tied for fourth on the team in points. He's also won the third-highest number of faceoffs in the entire league and is an out-and-out performer every game.
He's a perfect fit in Phoenix. He likes it here. He likes the organization. He's an unrestricted free agent at the end of next season. If Don Maloney is smart, he won't let one of his star players hit the free market but will sign him to a deal that will add him as a core of the Coyotes organization.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Coyotes captain Doan: Chances at winning Stanley Cup next few years as good as anybody
- Off the Ice: Taking a look back at the 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes
- NHL insider Barry Melrose surprised Phoenix Coyotes didn't make playoffs
- 2013-14 Phoenix Coyotes: By The Numbers
- Coyotes center Mike Ribeiro looking to move forward after 'one of the worst' seasons of his career
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Friday April 18Burns and Gambo recap the season with captain Shane Doan.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes Head Coach - Thursday April 17Dave Tippett reacts to season and gives his prediction for the NHL Playoffs.
- Barry Melrose, ESPN NHL analyst - Tuesday April 15ESPN NHL analyst Barry Melrose talks about the Coyotes' collapse.
- Dave Tippett, Coyotes head coach - Friday April 11Dave Tippett talks about the Coyotes' six-game losing streak.
- George Gosbee, Co-Owner of the Phoenix Coyotes - Thursday April 10Should hockey make changes to its overtime rules?