Ice Bites: Coyotes should work to keep Antoine Vermette
Oh, the Phoenix Coyotes.
What can I say about you this season? You go from being arguably one of the best teams in the National Hockey League to one the most frustrating so quickly; consistent inconsistency at its finest.
But one player has been producing all season long for an up-and-down Phoenix team: Antoine Vermette.
The 31-year-old center leads the team with 21 goals and is currently tied for fourth on the team in points. He's also won the third-highest number of faceoffs in the entire league and is an out-and-out performer every game.
He's a perfect fit in Phoenix. He likes it here. He likes the organization. He's an unrestricted free agent at the end of next season. If Don Maloney is smart, he won't let one of his star players hit the free market but will sign him to a deal that will add him as a core of the Coyotes organization.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 27Would an NHL expansion benefit the Arizona Coyotes?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Max Domi, Arizona Coyotes prospect - Thursday July 10Prospect Max Domi talks about the possibility of making the Coyotes roster.
- Who Impressed Who Depressed - Monday June 30The Arizona Rattlers disappointed Vince over the weekend. Luke is impressed by Don Maloney and the C
- Sam Gagner, Arizona Coyotes center - Monday June 30New Coyotes center Sam Gagner thinks he’s a perfect fit with Arizona.