Ice Bites: Coyotes should work to keep Antoine Vermette
Oh, the Phoenix Coyotes.
What can I say about you this season? You go from being arguably one of the best teams in the National Hockey League to one the most frustrating so quickly; consistent inconsistency at its finest.
But one player has been producing all season long for an up-and-down Phoenix team: Antoine Vermette.
The 31-year-old center leads the team with 21 goals and is currently tied for fourth on the team in points. He's also won the third-highest number of faceoffs in the entire league and is an out-and-out performer every game.
He's a perfect fit in Phoenix. He likes it here. He likes the organization. He's an unrestricted free agent at the end of next season. If Don Maloney is smart, he won't let one of his star players hit the free market but will sign him to a deal that will add him as a core of the Coyotes organization.
Carter Nacke, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Shane Doan, Coyotes captain - Wednesday March 5Coyotes captain Shane Doan discusses Tuesday night's win over the Canucks.
- Don Maloney, Coyotes GM - Wednesday March 5Don Maloney discusses the NHL trade deadline with Dan and Vince.
- Anthony LeBlanc, Co-Owner, President & CEO Phoenix Coyotes - Tuesday March 4Are the Coyotes trying to make a move?
- Bickley Blast - Monday March 3Dan Bickley says the Suns and Coyotes are experiencing a complete role reversal.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!