Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 4:26 pm
5 of the greatest songs written about dads
We put together five of our favorite jams written about dads. Pick one and send it to your father. We bet you'll make him cry.
Cat Stevens - "Father and Son"
It's not time to make a change, just sit down, take it slowly. You're still young, that's your fault, there's so much you have to go through. Find a girl, settle down, if you want you can marry. Look at me, I am old, but I'm happy.
Eric Clapton - "My Father's Eyes"
Just a toerag on the run. How did I get here? What have I done? When will all my hopes arise? How will I know him? When I look in my father's eyes. My father's eyes.
Will Smith - "Just the Two of Us"
From the first time the doctor placed you in my arms I knew I'd meet death before I'd let you meet harm. Although questions arose in my mind, would I be man enough Against wrong?
Dan Fogelberg - "Leader of the Band"
An only child. Alone and wild. A cabinet maker's son. His hands were meant for different work. And his heart was known to none.
Darius Rucker - "It Won't Be Like This For Long"
He didnt have to wake up. He'd been up all nite. Lay'n there in bed listen'n. To his new born baby cry. He makes a pot of coffee. He splashes water on his face. His wife gives him a kiss and says it's gonna be OK.
- Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury - Thursday May 15Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner speaks on WNBA uniform changes and her new memoir.
- Jim Pitman, Mercury General Manager - Thursday February 13How do things look on the business side of the Mercury organization?
- Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury - Thursday January 23Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury, talks about landing the WNBA All-Star Gam
- Russ Pennell/Phoenix Mercury Head Coach - Thursday September 19Discusses playoffs, Mercury's defense, and difference between men's college basketball and women's p
- Diana Taurasi, Phooenix Mecury guard - Wednesday September 18The Mercury get ready for their playoff series against the Sparks.