Updated Jul 5, 2013 - 3:07 pm
UFC star Anderson Silva to test out acting chops in 'Tapped'
Current UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva will soon face perhaps his toughest challenge yet: acting.
While Silva, 38, has starred in documentaries such as "Like Water," he has yet to play a character other than himself.
Silva may be new to acting, but in the upcoming film "Tapped," he will get to work with a subject matter that's right in his wheelhouse.
A trailer for the film recently surfaced. According to the movie's Facebook page, the film is about "a disgruntled teenager, sent to do community service at a rundown Karate school, enters an MMA (mixed martial arts) tournament to face the man that killed his parents."
The film also stars Michael Biehn (of "The Terminator" and "Aliens") and fellow MMA veterans Lyoto Machida and Krzysztof Soszynski -- who had a prominent role training Kevin James' character in 2012's "Here Comes the Boom," which also revolved around MMA.
No official release date has been set for "Tapped."
- Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury - Thursday May 15Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner speaks on WNBA uniform changes and her new memoir.
- Jim Pitman, Mercury General Manager - Thursday February 13How do things look on the business side of the Mercury organization?
- Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury - Thursday January 23Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury, talks about landing the WNBA All-Star Gam
- Russ Pennell/Phoenix Mercury Head Coach - Thursday September 19Discusses playoffs, Mercury's defense, and difference between men's college basketball and women's p
- Diana Taurasi, Phooenix Mecury guard - Wednesday September 18The Mercury get ready for their playoff series against the Sparks.