Updated Jul 17, 2013 - 12:23 pm
Demi Lovato dedicates new music video 'Made in the USA' to the troops
The 20-year-old pop star first premiered the video on Twitter to her over 15 million followers on Wednesday.
The music video follows a young couple, whose love was suddenly interrupted after the male character was sent to war.
The singer sent out another tweet, where she dedicated the video to the troops.
According to MTV, Lovato co-directed the video with Ryan Pallotta. This is the first time the singer has taken on a directing role, which is something she's wanted to do since childhood.
"I always wanted to do it when I was younger, then I just had the opportunity this time and I was like, 'Oh my god, I have to take advantage of this,'" Lovato told MTV.
I dedicate my video to all of the troops, anyone who has passed away over seas and to this INCREDIBLE country that I'm so thankful 4.. 🇺🇸❤— demetria lovato (@ddlovato) July 17, 2013
- Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury - Thursday May 15Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner speaks on WNBA uniform changes and her new memoir.
- Jim Pitman, Mercury General Manager - Thursday February 13How do things look on the business side of the Mercury organization?
- Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury - Thursday January 23Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury, talks about landing the WNBA All-Star Gam
- Russ Pennell/Phoenix Mercury Head Coach - Thursday September 19Discusses playoffs, Mercury's defense, and difference between men's college basketball and women's p
- Diana Taurasi, Phooenix Mecury guard - Wednesday September 18The Mercury get ready for their playoff series against the Sparks.