Updated Aug 26, 2013 - 11:46 am
Katy Perry's knockout MTV VMAs performance
Dressed in tiger-print boxing garb, the 28-year-old singer performed her latest single "Roar" underneath the Brooklyn Bridge.
Perry's new edgy look shined during the performance -- it's seemingly different from her "Teenage Dream" days, and she's ready to give that persona up.
"They're (fans) like, 'eww, Katy, cotton candy, gross.'" she told MTV on Sunday. "I can't do that anymore."
At the end of the performance she held up a championship belt while two ring girls presented signs that read "Game Over."
It appears she won the match.
- Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury - Thursday May 15Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner speaks on WNBA uniform changes and her new memoir.
- Jim Pitman, Mercury General Manager - Thursday February 13How do things look on the business side of the Mercury organization?
- Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury - Thursday January 23Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury, talks about landing the WNBA All-Star Gam
- Russ Pennell/Phoenix Mercury Head Coach - Thursday September 19Discusses playoffs, Mercury's defense, and difference between men's college basketball and women's p
- Diana Taurasi, Phooenix Mecury guard - Wednesday September 18The Mercury get ready for their playoff series against the Sparks.