Alex Trebek disqualifies 'Jeopardy' contestant: It's 'E-laine, not UH-laine, Fidelito'
The show's host, Alex Trebek, asked the contestants which TV role Julia Louis-Dreyfus played on "Seinfeld." Fidelito, who has a noticeably thick accent, answered correctly: "Elaine," he said.
Trebek told Fidelito he was wrong and moved to Rich, who "correctly" answered with "Benes" (Elaine's last name). The host explained to Fidelito why he was shafted the $800. "It was E-laine, not UH-laine, Fidelito," said Trebek.
Was the contestant wrongfully disqualified or were the judges correct in their decision?
- Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury - Thursday May 15Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner speaks on WNBA uniform changes and her new memoir.
- Jim Pitman, Mercury General Manager - Thursday February 13How do things look on the business side of the Mercury organization?
- Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury - Thursday January 23Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury, talks about landing the WNBA All-Star Gam
- Russ Pennell/Phoenix Mercury Head Coach - Thursday September 19Discusses playoffs, Mercury's defense, and difference between men's college basketball and women's p
- Diana Taurasi, Phooenix Mecury guard - Wednesday September 18The Mercury get ready for their playoff series against the Sparks.