Movies in a Minute: 'Captain Phillips'
Based on a true story, "Captain Phillips" is the tale of a container ships overtaken by Somali pirates in international seas back in 2009. The ship, the "Maersk Alabama," was lead by commanding officer Captain Richard Phillips when he and his crew were taken hostage.
The Somali pirate captain, Muse, and Phillips, engage in a standoff 145 miles off the Somali coast while waiting for the American Navy to intervene.
You may have heard the story on the news, but the movie is still worth seeing. What I really enjoyed was the storyline focused mostly on the interaction between the two captains. It is an interesting look at globalization and how poverty has left no other option than to scale the side of the boat and try to make their money that way. Don't miss this movie.
Bruce St. James, Host, Bruce St. James Show
- Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury - Thursday May 15Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner speaks on WNBA uniform changes and her new memoir.
- Jim Pitman, Mercury General Manager - Thursday February 13How do things look on the business side of the Mercury organization?
- Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury - Thursday January 23Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury, talks about landing the WNBA All-Star Gam
- Russ Pennell/Phoenix Mercury Head Coach - Thursday September 19Discusses playoffs, Mercury's defense, and difference between men's college basketball and women's p
- Diana Taurasi, Phooenix Mecury guard - Wednesday September 18The Mercury get ready for their playoff series against the Sparks.