Updated Oct 23, 2013 - 9:17 am
Former Tucson beauty gal, now male model
Elliott Sailors recalls the day that changed her life and gave new life to her modeling career, reports the New York Post.
She said opportunities began dwindling as she aged. So back in 2012, she walked into a barber shop and had her gorgeous long brown hair chopped off.
Sailors now poses as a male model. Her career has picked up again, thanks to her androgynous look.
"Men don't need to look as young as possible, so I have a lot of time," she said. The 31-year-old beauty added that she would get frustrated earlier in her career for looking too masculine, now she seemingly embraces it.
What a great lesson in turning a perceived weakness into a strength.
Watch the video below showing Sailor's transformation.
Mini Salas, Host
- Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury - Thursday May 15Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner speaks on WNBA uniform changes and her new memoir.
- Jim Pitman, Mercury General Manager - Thursday February 13How do things look on the business side of the Mercury organization?
- Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury - Thursday January 23Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury, talks about landing the WNBA All-Star Gam
- Russ Pennell/Phoenix Mercury Head Coach - Thursday September 19Discusses playoffs, Mercury's defense, and difference between men's college basketball and women's p
- Diana Taurasi, Phooenix Mecury guard - Wednesday September 18The Mercury get ready for their playoff series against the Sparks.