Tom Hanks is a 'Lucky Guy' for meeting autistic fan
Sarah Moretti, a young girl with autism, is Hanks' biggest fan. She even has a scrapbook filled with his pictures. Her dreams of meeting the 57-year-old actor finally came true while backstage of Broadway's "Lucky Guy."
Two clips of the encounter appeared on YouTube in late March but recently went viral, thanks to a Reddit post.
The videos show Hanks genuinely excited to meet his big fan, almost as excited as she was. He and Sarah flipped through the scrapbook and reminisced on the old photos while he signed several pages.
Sarah got to meet her favorite star, but it was the Oscar winner who was the lucky guy -- he made that very clear.
- Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury - Thursday May 15Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner speaks on WNBA uniform changes and her new memoir.
- Jim Pitman, Mercury General Manager - Thursday February 13How do things look on the business side of the Mercury organization?
- Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury - Thursday January 23Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury, talks about landing the WNBA All-Star Gam
- Russ Pennell/Phoenix Mercury Head Coach - Thursday September 19Discusses playoffs, Mercury's defense, and difference between men's college basketball and women's p
- Diana Taurasi, Phooenix Mecury guard - Wednesday September 18The Mercury get ready for their playoff series against the Sparks.