Mom amazed by nonverbal son singing Katy Perry
The mother of 8-year-old Jack Robbins was amazed when she realized her son was singing "Roar" by Katy Perry.
"I was elated," Jacks mom, Carla, recently told WFAA-TV in Dallas.
Jake has a form of autism that limits his communication, and this was the first time he's managed to speak more than a just few words on his own.
Carla filmed Jack's beautiful singing and uploaded the video to YouTube, where it quickly went viral.
"We heard our nonverbal autistic son saying or singing something repeatedly every day and we thought it was meaningless sounds," Carla wrote in the video's description.
Carla hopes the clip will reach the pop star so she can have the chance to hear little Jack roar.
- Brittney Griner, Phoenix Mercury - Thursday May 15Phoenix Mercury center Brittney Griner speaks on WNBA uniform changes and her new memoir.
- Jim Pitman, Mercury General Manager - Thursday February 13How do things look on the business side of the Mercury organization?
- Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury - Thursday January 23Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury, talks about landing the WNBA All-Star Gam
- Russ Pennell/Phoenix Mercury Head Coach - Thursday September 19Discusses playoffs, Mercury's defense, and difference between men's college basketball and women's p
- Diana Taurasi, Phooenix Mecury guard - Wednesday September 18The Mercury get ready for their playoff series against the Sparks.