U2 debuts new song, 'Ordinary Love'; first since 2009
Bono and the boys debuted a new song, "Ordinary Love," on their Facebook page Thursday and accompanied it with a beautiful lyric video. The song appears on the forthcoming soundtrack to Nelson Mandela's biopic "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom," ending U2's four-year musical drought.
Produced by Oliver Jeffers and Mac Premo, the lyric video features a time-lapse of culturally diverse imagery, as the song's lyrics span across the screen. A brightly colored mural of Nelson Mandela is the last image shown before the clip fades to black.
While listed on the soundtrack, due out Nov. 29, "Ordinary Love" will not appear on U2's upcoming studio album set for April 2014.
"Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom" releases in theaters Christmas day.
- Jim Pitman, Mercury General Manager - Thursday February 13How do things look on the business side of the Mercury organization?
- Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury - Thursday January 23Ann Meyers Drysdale, VP of Phoenix Suns & Phoenix Mercury, talks about landing the WNBA All-Star Gam
- Russ Pennell/Phoenix Mercury Head Coach - Thursday September 19Discusses playoffs, Mercury's defense, and difference between men's college basketball and women's p
- Diana Taurasi, Phooenix Mecury guard - Wednesday September 18The Mercury get ready for their playoff series against the Sparks.
- Russ Pennell, Phoenix Mercury Interim head coach - Friday August 9Russ Pennell joins Doug and Chuck to talk about taking over the team.