Updated Aug 20, 2013 - 8:36 am
It's a boy! Kate Middleton has given birth
The royal couple appeared happy and relaxed as they waved at the crowds of journalists and onlookers gathered outside London's St. Mary's Hospital, posing for photographs and joking with reporters.
"It's very emotional. It's such a special time. I think any parent will know what this feeling feels like," she told journalists.
She then gave the baby to her husband, who, cradling their child, said: "He's got her looks, thankfully. He's got a good pair of lungs on him, that's for sure."
William added: "He's a big boy. He's quite heavy," and laughed when a reporter asked him about the baby's hair.
"He's got way more than me, thank God," he said.
The prince said they are still determining what to name the baby.
The couple re-entered the hospital to place the child in a car seat before re-emerging to get into an SUV. William drove the couple away- palace officials said they will head to an apartment in Kensington Palace.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.