Updated Sep 18, 2013 - 7:37 am
People picks Washington as best-dressed star
NEW YORK (AP) - "Scandal" star Kerry Washington is the world's best-dressed woman, according to People magazine.
Washington, 36, has proved a red-carpet risk-taker, wearing up-and-coming designers and making atypical choices- such as a crystal-covered coral Miu Miu gown for the Oscars. At Tuesday's pre-Emmy reception, she wore a hot-pink cocktail frock.
Unlike her character on ABC's "Scandal," Washington says she doesn't wear many power-broker pantsuits.
Washington, selected by the magazine editors, works with stylist Erin Walsh.
People then tapped other tastemakers to pick their favorites, including Jennifer Lawrence for her high-fashion style, Jessica Chastain specifically for her red-carpet looks, Kate Bosworth for street style and Zoe Saldana for her denim style.
Photographer Nigel Barker picked It Girl Lily Collins for best up-and-coming style.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.