Updated Sep 18, 2013 - 7:37 am
People picks Washington as best-dressed star
NEW YORK (AP) - "Scandal" star Kerry Washington is the world's best-dressed woman, according to People magazine.
Washington, 36, has proved a red-carpet risk-taker, wearing up-and-coming designers and making atypical choices- such as a crystal-covered coral Miu Miu gown for the Oscars. At Tuesday's pre-Emmy reception, she wore a hot-pink cocktail frock.
Unlike her character on ABC's "Scandal," Washington says she doesn't wear many power-broker pantsuits.
Washington, selected by the magazine editors, works with stylist Erin Walsh.
People then tapped other tastemakers to pick their favorites, including Jennifer Lawrence for her high-fashion style, Jessica Chastain specifically for her red-carpet looks, Kate Bosworth for street style and Zoe Saldana for her denim style.
Photographer Nigel Barker picked It Girl Lily Collins for best up-and-coming style.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- The Pulse: Fans expecting 8 or 9 Arizona State wins in 2014
- Vince Marotta's 2014 Pac-12 Preview: Oregon Ducks back on top
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.