Katy Perry gives Colorado students an epic pep rally
Perry sang her hits on the jungle-themed stage wearing Lakewood's cheerleading uniform. The school's mascot is a tiger -- fitting.
But it wasn't only students who celebrated on Friday. Perry, who recently released her latest album, "Prism," shared her birthday with the energetic teens.
"I'm 29. I feel great," Perry said to hundreds of Lakewood students. "I still feel like I'm 13 sometimes. Obviously you can tell by my music and my spirit. I'm so excited about this record and I just love all the participation and the unification of all of you guys coming together and roaring."
After her performance, Perry mingled with the students and even celebrated her birthday with some cake.
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.