Updated Apr 2, 2014 - 2:41 pm
UFC champ Chris Weidman undergoes successful knee surgery
The two were originally set to meet in the main event of UFC 173 on Memorial Day weekend. This was until it was revealed the champion would be forced to pull out of the bout after suffering a knee injury in training camp.
Later it was revealed Weidman would have to go through minor surgery on both knees to fix problems that have lingered since high school.
This surgery was a success as the Weidman camp posted a picture to his Instagram on Tuesday, with an image of the 185-pound champ giving the thumbs up with the caption: "Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes. Surgery was a success!"
Weidman will now face Machida in the main event of UFC 175, which is slated for July 5 at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.
- President and CEO of Rage in the Cage ,Nathan Hyland - Saturday June 28President and CEO of Rage in the Cage ,Nathan Hyland, joins the show to talk about upcoming Rage and
- Light Heavyweight fighter Ryan Bader - Saturday June 28Regular show host and Light Heavyweight fighter, Ryan Bader, joins the show to talk about his traini
- Welterweight Division Fighter Kelvin Gastelum - Saturday June 28Welterweight Division Fighter and Ultimate Fighter winner Kelvin Gastelum joins the show to discuss
- Welterweight Division Fighter Nate Marquardt - Saturday June 28Welterweight Division Fighter Nate Marquardt joins Jim and Aaron to discuss his most recent fight.
- Voice of the UFC, Mike Goldberg - Saturday June 21Voice of the UFC, Mike Goldberg joins the show.
- Voice of the UFC, Mike Goldberg - Saturday June 14Voice of the UFC, Mike Goldberg joins the show to talk about UFC 174.
- Aaron Simpson - Saturday June 14Regular host to the Power MMA Show and UFC legend, Aaron Simpson joins the show to talk about UFC 17