Anderson Silva cleared to begin training, plans 2015 return
But now less than five months after fans witnessed Silva's bone pop out of his shin, the Brazilian revealed that not only is he cleared to begin training again, but also plans to make his return to the octagon as early as next year.
"Next year, [I'm] back," Silva told MMA H.E.A.T.'s Karyn Bryant. "[I'm] back for next year. This year, [I'm not] back [to] fight. I have my plans, I have my family…So, next year, I don't know when, but next year."
If you follow Silva on Instagram, you should already know that he has begun the long rehab process and has been recently cleared to begin throwing kicks with his surgically repaired limb.
"The last [time] I went to my doctor, my doctor said, 'That's OK, you're ready for [kicking], that's not [a] problem. ... When you're ready, you're back." While Silva said he is no longer feeling any pain in his leg after returning to the gym, there was a brief period where he doubted he would ever be able to step in to the cage again. But with the help of his family and students, he has since pushed past the initial shock of the gruesome injury.
"When I broke my leg, for one month, [there] were a lot a problems, a lot pain. I was scared…At the time when I broke my leg, I [did not] know if I would be back. But now I am good and I am very happy. I stayed together with my family, stayed together with my academy, working hard. So I am very, very happy. "
- President and CEO of Rage in the Cage ,Nathan Hyland - Saturday June 28President and CEO of Rage in the Cage ,Nathan Hyland, joins the show to talk about upcoming Rage and
- Light Heavyweight fighter Ryan Bader - Saturday June 28Regular show host and Light Heavyweight fighter, Ryan Bader, joins the show to talk about his traini
- Welterweight Division Fighter Kelvin Gastelum - Saturday June 28Welterweight Division Fighter and Ultimate Fighter winner Kelvin Gastelum joins the show to discuss
- Welterweight Division Fighter Nate Marquardt - Saturday June 28Welterweight Division Fighter Nate Marquardt joins Jim and Aaron to discuss his most recent fight.
- Voice of the UFC, Mike Goldberg - Saturday June 21Voice of the UFC, Mike Goldberg joins the show.
- Voice of the UFC, Mike Goldberg - Saturday June 14Voice of the UFC, Mike Goldberg joins the show to talk about UFC 174.
- Aaron Simpson - Saturday June 14Regular host to the Power MMA Show and UFC legend, Aaron Simpson joins the show to talk about UFC 17