Invicta FC signs deal to air content on UFC Fight Pass
The new deal gives the UFC the exclusive rights to distribute all of Invicta FC's content, including airing every live event and all past content from their previous seven shows, on the digital UFC Fight Pass.
"We've never done this with a company before unless we've bought them," said UFC Chief Content Officer Marshall Zelaznik. "We're not buying [Invicta]. We're truly a distributor. It's pretty historical in the way UFC has operated."
"UFC Fight Pass already has subscribers in over 155 countries, which is a huge platform for the Invicta athletes," added UFC Fight Pass chief content officer Mashall Zelaznik. "Invicta fighters are now sharing the same stage as elite UFC fighters like Alexander Gustafson, Conor McGregor, Cung Le and Michael Bisping. For any UFC fans that haven't seen these women compete before - I guarantee they will be blown away when they see what Invicta is all about."
The North Carolina based promotion has only aired two live events in the last 12 months, with the last one being Dec. 7. But according to Invicta FC President Shannon Knapp, this new deal will not only allow them book fights more frequently, but also put on more live shows than ever before.
"Now that we have a stable foundation, we're going to increase the number of events," said Knapp. "We want to see how things go, and look at the frequency (of live shows). Those are things we're still ironing out. We're capable of doing more events and we're looking to ramp things up. We can put on cards as often as they want. I think it's going to be a great thing.
"This is a great day for my company. Since the start of Invicta, I've been committed to providing the biggest and best possible platform for women athletes, and with this distribution deal with UFC Fight Pass, Invicta will reach the most passionate MMA fans, wherever they are in the world."
The first live show is currently scheduled for late summer but no fights have officially been added.
- President and CEO of Rage in the Cage ,Nathan Hyland - Saturday June 28President and CEO of Rage in the Cage ,Nathan Hyland, joins the show to talk about upcoming Rage and
- Light Heavyweight fighter Ryan Bader - Saturday June 28Regular show host and Light Heavyweight fighter, Ryan Bader, joins the show to talk about his traini
- Welterweight Division Fighter Kelvin Gastelum - Saturday June 28Welterweight Division Fighter and Ultimate Fighter winner Kelvin Gastelum joins the show to discuss
- Welterweight Division Fighter Nate Marquardt - Saturday June 28Welterweight Division Fighter Nate Marquardt joins Jim and Aaron to discuss his most recent fight.
- Voice of the UFC, Mike Goldberg - Saturday June 21Voice of the UFC, Mike Goldberg joins the show.
- Voice of the UFC, Mike Goldberg - Saturday June 14Voice of the UFC, Mike Goldberg joins the show to talk about UFC 174.
- Aaron Simpson - Saturday June 14Regular host to the Power MMA Show and UFC legend, Aaron Simpson joins the show to talk about UFC 17