Updated May 25, 2013 - 9:45 am
Yankees second baseman surprises young cancer survivor
But the four-time All-Star's greatest impact so far this season might have been made on a "field" far from the bright lights of Yankee Stadium.
Last week before a night game against the Toronto Blue Jays, Cano took a trip into Manhattan to pay a special visit 13-year-old Nick D'Annibale, a diehard Yankees fan and a cancer survivor.
Arriving as an unsuspecting ice cream truck driver, Cano certainly delivered a sweet surprise.
- Youth baseball team calls out Paul Goldschmidt, former D-backs for ice bucket challenge
- Little League coach delivers moving message after heartbreaking loss
- Phoenix Suns, APS team up to provide mini-grants to K-12 teachers
- Paul Bissonnette does Ice Bucket Challenge, wins the internet
- Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians accepts Ice Bucket Challenge