Updated May 25, 2013 - 9:45 am
Yankees second baseman surprises young cancer survivor
But the four-time All-Star's greatest impact so far this season might have been made on a "field" far from the bright lights of Yankee Stadium.
Last week before a night game against the Toronto Blue Jays, Cano took a trip into Manhattan to pay a special visit 13-year-old Nick D'Annibale, a diehard Yankees fan and a cancer survivor.
Arriving as an unsuspecting ice cream truck driver, Cano certainly delivered a sweet surprise.
- Spurs coach Gregg Popovich offers heartfelt message for cancer-stricken sideline reporter Craig Sager
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- J.J. Watt kindly proves he's a young fan's friend
- Tom Izzo pours his heart out talking about Lacey Holsworth
- Arizona Cardinals LB Lorenzo Alexander a Pro Bowler off the field, too