Updated May 25, 2013 - 9:45 am
Yankees second baseman surprises young cancer survivor
But the four-time All-Star's greatest impact so far this season might have been made on a "field" far from the bright lights of Yankee Stadium.
Last week before a night game against the Toronto Blue Jays, Cano took a trip into Manhattan to pay a special visit 13-year-old Nick D'Annibale, a diehard Yankees fan and a cancer survivor.
Arriving as an unsuspecting ice cream truck driver, Cano certainly delivered a sweet surprise.
- Tom Izzo pours his heart out talking about Lacey Holsworth
- Arizona Cardinals LB Lorenzo Alexander a Pro Bowler off the field, too
- Shadow Mountain's Reid Maurice named Fulton Homes Character Counts Monthly Winner
- Super Bowl champ to accompany autistic girl to prom
- Fan catches autographed ball, then makes random child's day