Updated May 29, 2013 - 7:04 am
Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops blends in during trip to Moore
However over the weekend, the two-time Walter Camp Coach of the Year paid a visit to the tornado-ravaged city of Moore and managed to blend in amongst the other dedicated volunteers for the first 30 minutes of the trip.
But what made Stoops' appearance so noteworthy was that it came without any motivation other than to help his fellow Oklahomans. The Sooners coach didn't come with any TV cameras or media members attached at the hip. In fact, OU Senior Associate Athletics Director Kenny Mossman said no one within the department even knew he was there.
Certainly a classy move by one of college football's top coaches.
(Photo courtesy of Twitter/@OU_Football)
- Youth baseball team calls out Paul Goldschmidt, former D-backs for ice bucket challenge
- Little League coach delivers moving message after heartbreaking loss
- Phoenix Suns, APS team up to provide mini-grants to K-12 teachers
- Paul Bissonnette does Ice Bucket Challenge, wins the internet
- Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians accepts Ice Bucket Challenge