Updated May 29, 2013 - 7:04 am
Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops blends in during trip to Moore
However over the weekend, the two-time Walter Camp Coach of the Year paid a visit to the tornado-ravaged city of Moore and managed to blend in amongst the other dedicated volunteers for the first 30 minutes of the trip.
But what made Stoops' appearance so noteworthy was that it came without any motivation other than to help his fellow Oklahomans. The Sooners coach didn't come with any TV cameras or media members attached at the hip. In fact, OU Senior Associate Athletics Director Kenny Mossman said no one within the department even knew he was there.
Certainly a classy move by one of college football's top coaches.
(Photo courtesy of Twitter/@OU_Football)
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- J.J. Watt kindly proves he's a young fan's friend
- Tom Izzo pours his heart out talking about Lacey Holsworth
- Arizona Cardinals LB Lorenzo Alexander a Pro Bowler off the field, too
- Shadow Mountain's Reid Maurice named Fulton Homes Character Counts Monthly Winner