Updated Jun 8, 2013 - 3:26 pm
D-backs outfielder A.J. Pollock is a really good guy
For years, the Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder volunteered with Unified Sports -- a program that allows athletes with and without disabilities to compete as teammates in various sports. Pollock's friend, Tyler, who had Down syndrome, introduced him to Unified Sports, a group Pollock remains involved with to this day, serving as the keynote speaker at the Unified Sports Leadership Summit in January.
Pollock's friendship with Tyler, and his involvement with Unified Sports, is both moving and commendable. Keep it up, A.J.
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- J.J. Watt kindly proves he's a young fan's friend
- Tom Izzo pours his heart out talking about Lacey Holsworth
- Arizona Cardinals LB Lorenzo Alexander a Pro Bowler off the field, too
- Shadow Mountain's Reid Maurice named Fulton Homes Character Counts Monthly Winner