Updated Jun 8, 2013 - 3:26 pm
D-backs outfielder A.J. Pollock is a really good guy
For years, the Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder volunteered with Unified Sports -- a program that allows athletes with and without disabilities to compete as teammates in various sports. Pollock's friend, Tyler, who had Down syndrome, introduced him to Unified Sports, a group Pollock remains involved with to this day, serving as the keynote speaker at the Unified Sports Leadership Summit in January.
Pollock's friendship with Tyler, and his involvement with Unified Sports, is both moving and commendable. Keep it up, A.J.
- Little League coach delivers moving message after heartbreaking loss
- Phoenix Suns, APS team up to provide mini-grants to K-12 teachers
- Paul Bissonnette does Ice Bucket Challenge, wins the internet
- Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians accepts Ice Bucket Challenge
- Coyotes' Vermette, Yandle do 'Ice Bucket Challenge' to raise ALS awareness