Updated Aug 9, 2013 - 8:28 am
Grieving fan gets a gift from Rattlers' Virgil Gray
Instead of drawing attention to himself or taunting his opponent, Gray simply went to the first row of the stands, kneeled and prayed, handed the ball to a fan and hugged her.
The fan was Jennifer Boyle, a longtime season ticket holder who had just lost her husband Rick, who passed away at the age of 43.
As Gray runs back to the Rattlers' bench, you can see the emotion on Boyle's face.
Boyle summed up her emotions on her Facebook page.
"Hopefully everyone will know just how special these guys are. I've known ever since I've I had season tickets. That's why I keep coming back. They are amazing. :)"
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Brophy senior Will Edwards named Fulton Homes Character Counts Monthly Winner
- Peyton Manning personally replies to fan's wedding invitation
- Panthers' star hosts Thanksgiving dinner for hundreds of kids
- Massachusetts football team rallies around waterboy in touching fashion