Updated Aug 9, 2013 - 8:28 am
Grieving fan gets a gift from Rattlers' Virgil Gray
Instead of drawing attention to himself or taunting his opponent, Gray simply went to the first row of the stands, kneeled and prayed, handed the ball to a fan and hugged her.
The fan was Jennifer Boyle, a longtime season ticket holder who had just lost her husband Rick, who passed away at the age of 43.
As Gray runs back to the Rattlers' bench, you can see the emotion on Boyle's face.
Boyle summed up her emotions on her Facebook page.
"Hopefully everyone will know just how special these guys are. I've known ever since I've I had season tickets. That's why I keep coming back. They are amazing. :)"
- Youth baseball team calls out Paul Goldschmidt, former D-backs for ice bucket challenge
- Little League coach delivers moving message after heartbreaking loss
- Phoenix Suns, APS team up to provide mini-grants to K-12 teachers
- Paul Bissonnette does Ice Bucket Challenge, wins the internet
- Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians accepts Ice Bucket Challenge