Updated Aug 19, 2013 - 8:28 am
D-backs make a young fan's wish come true
The youngster, who has Spinal Muscular Atrophy, plays in the Miracle League, an organization that helps children with debilitating diseases play the game they love.
The Diamondbacks went a little further.
As part of the "My Wish" series on ESPN, young Kyle not only got a visit from Adam Eaton and Willie Bloomquist at one of his Miracle League games, he got to spend the day as a real member of the team -- complete with his own locker in the Chase Field clubhouse.
It's been a tough season on the field for the D-backs, but the first-class organization continues to do nearly everything right in the community. Well done, D-backs.
And congratulations to you too, Kyle.
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Brophy senior Will Edwards named Fulton Homes Character Counts Monthly Winner
- Peyton Manning personally replies to fan's wedding invitation
- Panthers' star hosts Thanksgiving dinner for hundreds of kids
- Massachusetts football team rallies around waterboy in touching fashion