4-foot-9 running back Jayson Carter gets first NCAA carry
Jayson Carter, a 4-foot-9, 135-pound walk-on, got a handoff for his first Division I carry with about six minutes left in the game. He gained one yard off right tackle.
Yahoo! Sports says Carter was born with a genetic disorder that hinders his growth. He played high school ball and has spent three years on Rice's scout team.
Carter told the Houston Chronicle that he did what he was supposed to do: Not lose any yards.
Little man. Big heart.
- USC's Josh Shaw out indefinitely after jumping from second floor to save nephew
- Little League coach delivers moving message after heartbreaking loss
- Phoenix Suns, APS team up to provide mini-grants to K-12 teachers
- Paul Bissonnette does Ice Bucket Challenge, wins the internet
- Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians accepts Ice Bucket Challenge