4-foot-9 running back Jayson Carter gets first NCAA carry
Jayson Carter, a 4-foot-9, 135-pound walk-on, got a handoff for his first Division I carry with about six minutes left in the game. He gained one yard off right tackle.
Yahoo! Sports says Carter was born with a genetic disorder that hinders his growth. He played high school ball and has spent three years on Rice's scout team.
Carter told the Houston Chronicle that he did what he was supposed to do: Not lose any yards.
Little man. Big heart.
- Cardinals' Ryan Lindley visits former elementary school as 'principal'
- Jonathan Toews, Blackhawks grant a wish for four-year-old
- Liberty High School's Logan Johnston named Fulton Homes Character Counts Monthly Winner
- Arizona Diamondbacks players partake in Ahwatukee Little League game
- Seattle Seahawks' Richard Sherman makes some young kids smile