4-foot-9 running back Jayson Carter gets first NCAA carry
Jayson Carter, a 4-foot-9, 135-pound walk-on, got a handoff for his first Division I carry with about six minutes left in the game. He gained one yard off right tackle.
Yahoo! Sports says Carter was born with a genetic disorder that hinders his growth. He played high school ball and has spent three years on Rice's scout team.
Carter told the Houston Chronicle that he did what he was supposed to do: Not lose any yards.
Little man. Big heart.
- Spurs coach Gregg Popovich offers heartfelt message for cancer-stricken sideline reporter Craig Sager
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- J.J. Watt kindly proves he's a young fan's friend
- Tom Izzo pours his heart out talking about Lacey Holsworth
- Arizona Cardinals LB Lorenzo Alexander a Pro Bowler off the field, too