4-foot-9 running back Jayson Carter gets first NCAA carry
Jayson Carter, a 4-foot-9, 135-pound walk-on, got a handoff for his first Division I carry with about six minutes left in the game. He gained one yard off right tackle.
Yahoo! Sports says Carter was born with a genetic disorder that hinders his growth. He played high school ball and has spent three years on Rice's scout team.
Carter told the Houston Chronicle that he did what he was supposed to do: Not lose any yards.
Little man. Big heart.
- College coach makes sure players are dressed for success
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Brophy senior Will Edwards named Fulton Homes Character Counts Monthly Winner
- Peyton Manning personally replies to fan's wedding invitation
- Panthers' star hosts Thanksgiving dinner for hundreds of kids