Updated Nov 3, 2013 - 10:51 am
Boston Red Sox bring World Series trophy to marathon finish line
It was a touching moment of solidarity Saturday with the city that saw three lives lost and more than 200 injured by bombs set off during on April 15. The gesture became the highlight of the team's championship parade in the streets of its hometown.
Chants of "Boston Strong" rang out in the crowd, and then players and fans sang a rendition of "God Bless America."
The uncut video of the event was taken by WCVB Channel 5 in Boston and uploaded to YouTube.
Note: The "Boston Strong 617" jersey in the video stands for the area code where the bombings took place.
- Memphis Grizzlies' Zach Randolph gives shirt to young fan
- Houston Texans' Andre Johnson provides shopping spree for needy children
- College coach makes sure players are dressed for success
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Brophy senior Will Edwards named Fulton Homes Character Counts Monthly Winner