Updated Jan 23, 2014 - 12:33 pm
Seahawks' Derrick Coleman graciously responds to admiring fan
Coleman is the NFL's first legally deaf offensive player, and it's no surprise that he's become a bit of an inspiration for others with hearing issues.
Jake Kovalcik is the father of nine-year-old twin sisters Riley and Erin, who are both hearing impaired. Tuesday, he tweeted a picture of a letter his daughters wrote to Coleman.
The next day, Coleman tweeted back a response.
Coleman and his team are busy preparing for the Super Bowl, but that didn't stop him from taking time out of his day to reach out. Nicely done, Derrick.
- Spurs coach Gregg Popovich offers heartfelt message for cancer-stricken sideline reporter Craig Sager
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- J.J. Watt kindly proves he's a young fan's friend
- Tom Izzo pours his heart out talking about Lacey Holsworth
- Arizona Cardinals LB Lorenzo Alexander a Pro Bowler off the field, too