Updated Jan 23, 2014 - 12:33 pm
Seahawks' Derrick Coleman graciously responds to admiring fan
Coleman is the NFL's first legally deaf offensive player, and it's no surprise that he's become a bit of an inspiration for others with hearing issues.
Jake Kovalcik is the father of nine-year-old twin sisters Riley and Erin, who are both hearing impaired. Tuesday, he tweeted a picture of a letter his daughters wrote to Coleman.
The next day, Coleman tweeted back a response.
Coleman and his team are busy preparing for the Super Bowl, but that didn't stop him from taking time out of his day to reach out. Nicely done, Derrick.
- Youth baseball team calls out Paul Goldschmidt, former D-backs for ice bucket challenge
- Little League coach delivers moving message after heartbreaking loss
- Phoenix Suns, APS team up to provide mini-grants to K-12 teachers
- Paul Bissonnette does Ice Bucket Challenge, wins the internet
- Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians accepts Ice Bucket Challenge