Updated Jan 23, 2014 - 12:33 pm
Seahawks' Derrick Coleman graciously responds to admiring fan
Coleman is the NFL's first legally deaf offensive player, and it's no surprise that he's become a bit of an inspiration for others with hearing issues.
Jake Kovalcik is the father of nine-year-old twin sisters Riley and Erin, who are both hearing impaired. Tuesday, he tweeted a picture of a letter his daughters wrote to Coleman.
The next day, Coleman tweeted back a response.
Coleman and his team are busy preparing for the Super Bowl, but that didn't stop him from taking time out of his day to reach out. Nicely done, Derrick.
- Cardinals' Ryan Lindley visits former elementary school as 'principal'
- Jonathan Toews, Blackhawks grant a wish for four-year-old
- Liberty High School's Logan Johnston named Fulton Homes Character Counts Monthly Winner
- Arizona Diamondbacks players partake in Ahwatukee Little League game
- Seattle Seahawks' Richard Sherman makes some young kids smile