UNC men's basketball gives special fan a day to remember
Thanks to One Carolina, a student-led initiative at UNC-Chapel Hill, Anthony Hernandez, a 12-year-old boy with muscular dystrophy from Morganton, N.C., was treated to a very, special day on the college campus.
As part of his day-long tour, Hernandez had lunch with Tar Heel guards Leslie McDonald and Marcus Paige, spent time with head coach Roy Williams, traveled around the team's weight room facility and took in a full practice courtside at the Dean Smith Center.
"We just wanted to put together a really great day for a good kid who deserves this."
- Spurs coach Gregg Popovich offers heartfelt message for cancer-stricken sideline reporter Craig Sager
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- J.J. Watt kindly proves he's a young fan's friend
- Tom Izzo pours his heart out talking about Lacey Holsworth
- Arizona Cardinals LB Lorenzo Alexander a Pro Bowler off the field, too