UNC men's basketball gives special fan a day to remember
Thanks to One Carolina, a student-led initiative at UNC-Chapel Hill, Anthony Hernandez, a 12-year-old boy with muscular dystrophy from Morganton, N.C., was treated to a very, special day on the college campus.
As part of his day-long tour, Hernandez had lunch with Tar Heel guards Leslie McDonald and Marcus Paige, spent time with head coach Roy Williams, traveled around the team's weight room facility and took in a full practice courtside at the Dean Smith Center.
"We just wanted to put together a really great day for a good kid who deserves this."
- Little League coach delivers moving message after heartbreaking loss
- Phoenix Suns, APS team up to provide mini-grants to K-12 teachers
- Paul Bissonnette does Ice Bucket Challenge, wins the internet
- Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians accepts Ice Bucket Challenge
- Coyotes' Vermette, Yandle do 'Ice Bucket Challenge' to raise ALS awareness