UNC men's basketball gives special fan a day to remember
Thanks to One Carolina, a student-led initiative at UNC-Chapel Hill, Anthony Hernandez, a 12-year-old boy with muscular dystrophy from Morganton, N.C., was treated to a very, special day on the college campus.
As part of his day-long tour, Hernandez had lunch with Tar Heel guards Leslie McDonald and Marcus Paige, spent time with head coach Roy Williams, traveled around the team's weight room facility and took in a full practice courtside at the Dean Smith Center.
"We just wanted to put together a really great day for a good kid who deserves this."
- Cardinals' Ryan Lindley visits former elementary school as 'principal'
- Jonathan Toews, Blackhawks grant a wish for four-year-old
- Liberty High School's Logan Johnston named Fulton Homes Character Counts Monthly Winner
- Arizona Diamondbacks players partake in Ahwatukee Little League game
- Seattle Seahawks' Richard Sherman makes some young kids smile