Arizona Diamondbacks players partake in Ahwatukee Little League game
Diamondbacks players Didi Gregorius, Cody Ross, A.J. Pollock and Brad Ziegler participated in the exhibition and gave the kids new uniforms as part of the D-backs Give Back Jersey Program.
The team's mascot, Baxter, even got in on the action, as D-backs players gave the little sluggers some tips and showed them how it's done.
"I remember when I was (their) age playing ball, and guys came out and helped me," Gregorious said. "For me being here with them was just amazing.
"Maybe they can be the future D-backs. You never know."
John Terry, president of the Ahwatukee Little League, said the Diamondbacks providing jerseys to young teams frees up the league's budget significantly.
"We were able to actually lower our fees and offer a significant discount to our families this year because of that," Terry said. "In addition, we were able to make some significant improvements to our primary field that we play on in Ahwatukee. So we have the Diamondbacks to thank for that."
- Spurs coach Gregg Popovich offers heartfelt message for cancer-stricken sideline reporter Craig Sager
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- J.J. Watt kindly proves he's a young fan's friend
- Tom Izzo pours his heart out talking about Lacey Holsworth
- Arizona Cardinals LB Lorenzo Alexander a Pro Bowler off the field, too