Liberty High School's Logan Johnston named Fulton Homes Character Counts Monthly Winner
However, that's not the only way she excels.
The Liberty High School junior used time spent on the sideline due to a shoulder injury to impact the lives of others, becoming a coach for Unified Sports.
Through the Special Olympics, Unified Sports joins people with intellectual disabilities and those without on the same team, helping to create a social acceptance and inclusion.
Besides coaching, Logan traveled to Belize as a representative of the Special Olympics to share her knowledge with high school kids like herself, teaching them about including those with disabilities and helping to break down barriers that prevented them from playing.
And this summer, Logan will lead her team to the 2014 Special Olympics in New Jersey.
- Spurs coach Gregg Popovich offers heartfelt message for cancer-stricken sideline reporter Craig Sager
- Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald to be honored for off-the-field work
- J.J. Watt kindly proves he's a young fan's friend
- Tom Izzo pours his heart out talking about Lacey Holsworth
- Arizona Cardinals LB Lorenzo Alexander a Pro Bowler off the field, too