Globetrotters invite teen with Down syndrome to squad
Now, he's a Harlem Globetrotter.
Grow, 18, is a senior at Bensalem High School in Pennsylvania with Down syndrome who managed the schools boys' basketball team for all four years of his high school career. Video of him knocking down four 3-pointers in the final two minutes of a Bensalem game went viral.
The teenager's stint with the Globetrotters wasn't the first stop of the basketball career which followed his one-game highlight reel's exposure. In February, the teenager was signed to a two-day contract with the Philadelphia 76ers.
On Sunday, Grow suited up for the Globetrotters. Check out the video below:
- Little League coach delivers moving message after heartbreaking loss
- Phoenix Suns, APS team up to provide mini-grants to K-12 teachers
- Paul Bissonnette does Ice Bucket Challenge, wins the internet
- Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians accepts Ice Bucket Challenge
- Coyotes' Vermette, Yandle do 'Ice Bucket Challenge' to raise ALS awareness