Utah Utes got some inspiration from a great source
Motivation, you see, wasn't an issue, and not just because the players were fighting for an NCAA Tournament bid.
Prior to Wednesday's first-round matchup with Washington, the Utes got a pep talk from eight-year-old Mac Brennan. Brennan is the son of senior associate athletics director for administration Kyle Brennan. Last December, he was diagnosed with leukemia.
Prior to Utah's game Brennan, who had become close with the basketball team, did what he could to fire them up. His pleas to "play hard for your brothers" and "finish the game strongly" may have worked, as the Utes knocked off the Huskies 61-60.
- J.J. Watt, Barbara Bush suit up to sack illiteracy
- Youth baseball team calls out Paul Goldschmidt, former D-backs for ice bucket challenge
- Little League coach delivers moving message after heartbreaking loss
- Phoenix Suns, APS team up to provide mini-grants to K-12 teachers
- Paul Bissonnette does Ice Bucket Challenge, wins the internet