Cristiano Ronaldo steps up big to help sick child
Waaayyyyy above and beyond.
Soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo was asked by a family donate his cleats for a charity auction to benefit a 10-month-old child who was suffering from a brain disorder. Erik Ortiz Cruz has cortical dysplasia, which is a condition that leads to multiple seizures per day.
Making the donation would have been enough from the Real Madrid star, but what he did was was even better.
Ronaldo offered to pay the entire cost of the surgery -- roughly $83,000.
It's not the first time Ronaldo has done something like this, as he reportedly paid for a nine-year-old's cancer treatment back in 2012.
- Youth baseball team calls out Paul Goldschmidt, former D-backs for ice bucket challenge
- Little League coach delivers moving message after heartbreaking loss
- Phoenix Suns, APS team up to provide mini-grants to K-12 teachers
- Paul Bissonnette does Ice Bucket Challenge, wins the internet
- Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians accepts Ice Bucket Challenge