Updated Mar 24, 2014 - 5:28 pm
Michigan State's Adreian Payne a star on and off the court
A big reason why has been the play of senior Adreian Payne, who had 41 points in just 24 minutes during the Spartans' 93-78 win over Delaware.
But that performance pales in comparison to what Payne is doing off the court. Two years ago, the 6-foot-10 player befriended eight-year-old Lacey Holsworth, who is suffering from neuroblastoma, an aggressive form of cancer that affects children. The little girl has become a "little sister" to Payne.
Below is a great video chronicling the special bond between Payne and Holsworth.
Grab a tissue.
- Youth baseball team calls out Paul Goldschmidt, former D-backs for ice bucket challenge
- Little League coach delivers moving message after heartbreaking loss
- Phoenix Suns, APS team up to provide mini-grants to K-12 teachers
- Paul Bissonnette does Ice Bucket Challenge, wins the internet
- Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians accepts Ice Bucket Challenge