Updated Apr 1, 2014 - 2:56 pm
Super Bowl champ to accompany autistic girl to prom
Now, he's doing his best to cheer up a young girl from the Houston area.
Eighteen-year-old Taylor Kirkwood, who is autistic will be attending the Anahuac High School prom later this month with Michael.
Kirkwood's mother, Stacie Holmes, has a cousin that went to high school in Beaumont with Michael and arranged the meeting.
Kirkwood is very much looking forward to prom night and is confident that things will go well.
When asked by her mother if she'd kiss Michael, Kirkwood had a definite and sure response.
"Yes," she said with a nod and a smile.
- Little League coach delivers moving message after heartbreaking loss
- Phoenix Suns, APS team up to provide mini-grants to K-12 teachers
- Paul Bissonnette does Ice Bucket Challenge, wins the internet
- Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians accepts Ice Bucket Challenge
- Coyotes' Vermette, Yandle do 'Ice Bucket Challenge' to raise ALS awareness