Updated May 22, 2014 - 9:23 am
MMA fighter submits instead of hurting opponent
Such was the case in a recent amateur Prison City Fight League (cool name) bout between Jeremy Rasner and Mike Pantangco.
Pantangco was teeing off on his overmatched opponent, but instead of finishing him off, he tapped out, handing the match to the stunned Rasner.
After the fight, Pantangco explained his curious actions.
"I just feel that there's no point in fighting him because he didn't train against me and I didn't train for him and I just feel like we're amateur fighters. We don't get money. We don't get paid," he said. "And I know that the only thing is him to go to the hospital or get hurt. I just feel terrible so I'm just going to give him the win."
It was certainly a tremendous show of sportsmanship.
- Youth baseball team calls out Paul Goldschmidt, former D-backs for ice bucket challenge
- Little League coach delivers moving message after heartbreaking loss
- Phoenix Suns, APS team up to provide mini-grants to K-12 teachers
- Paul Bissonnette does Ice Bucket Challenge, wins the internet
- Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians accepts Ice Bucket Challenge