Arizona women's basketball coach spearheads huge social media campaign for charity
In cooperation with the Wildcats, the coach saw a charity-pointed hashtag go viral over the last few weeks, with almost all of the women's basketball taking notice and jumping in.
Jumping in to what? The Cold Water Challenge.
That's the name of the initiative, with a corresponding #Chillin4Charity hashtag, which seeks to raise money and awareness for the Kay Yow Foundation -- a fund named for former NC State women's basketball coach that, according to its website, "supports research, provides grants and drives inspiration in the fight against women's cancers."
The foundation now reports that Butts' hashtag has been used in more than 13,000 tweets, reaching nearly 32 million people worldwide.
- Little League coach delivers moving message after heartbreaking loss
- Phoenix Suns, APS team up to provide mini-grants to K-12 teachers
- Paul Bissonnette does Ice Bucket Challenge, wins the internet
- Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians accepts Ice Bucket Challenge
- Coyotes' Vermette, Yandle do 'Ice Bucket Challenge' to raise ALS awareness