Jabari Parker, Joel Embiid bond during hospital visit over Gatorade and Oreos
Forced to undergo foot surgery -- two screws put in to mend an untimely fracture -- on June 20, Kansas center Joel Embiid was not able to make it to the green room inside the Barclays Center.
Feeling bad for his fellow draftee, Duke forward Jabari Parker paid a visit to Embiid in the hospital earlier this week.
In addition to the kind gesture, Parker made sure to bring Embiid a care package complete with Gatorade and Oreos.
And as it turns out, the duo went No. 2 and No. 3 respectively to the Milwaukee Bucks and Philadelphia 76ers when all was said and done.
- USC's Josh Shaw out indefinitely after jumping from second floor to save nephew
- Little League coach delivers moving message after heartbreaking loss
- Phoenix Suns, APS team up to provide mini-grants to K-12 teachers
- Paul Bissonnette does Ice Bucket Challenge, wins the internet
- Cardinals head coach Bruce Arians accepts Ice Bucket Challenge