ASU Softball safe while tornadoes rip through Oklahoma City
But that goal is secondary on the minds of the Sun Devils. Tornadoes are ripping their way through the Oklahoma City once again. Last week, 24 people were killed by storms in Moore, Oklahoma, a suburb on Oklahoma City's south side.
Via Twitter, the program has alerted everyone that the ASU traveling party is safe.
Safe in the basement. Hotel is well trained and keeping us safe. twitter.com/ASUSoftball/st…— ASU Softball (@ASUSoftball) June 1, 2013
Friday night's games -- Texas versus Oklahoma and Washington against Tennessee -- have been postponed. Arizona State was scheduled to take on Michigan in an elimination game Saturday, but the timing of that game is up in the air.
Other teams are also taking cover in the hotel basement, including the University of Washington.
- ASU coach Todd Graham excited for Taylor Kelly and offense's potential in 2014
- Arizona State coach Todd Graham confident defense will be fine
- Michael Crow and Larry Scott agree that change needs to happen
- ASU president Michael Crow: compensate coaches on performance
- Arizona State picked to finish third in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.