ASU Softball safe while tornadoes rip through Oklahoma City
But that goal is secondary on the minds of the Sun Devils. Tornadoes are ripping their way through the Oklahoma City once again. Last week, 24 people were killed by storms in Moore, Oklahoma, a suburb on Oklahoma City's south side.
Via Twitter, the program has alerted everyone that the ASU traveling party is safe.
Safe in the basement. Hotel is well trained and keeping us safe. twitter.com/ASUSoftball/st…— ASU Softball (@ASUSoftball) June 1, 2013
Friday night's games -- Texas versus Oklahoma and Washington against Tennessee -- have been postponed. Arizona State was scheduled to take on Michigan in an elimination game Saturday, but the timing of that game is up in the air.
Other teams are also taking cover in the hotel basement, including the University of Washington.
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Former Arizona State RB Marion Grice shines for Chargers in preseason finale
- Sun Devil Supplement: Notes from ASU's opener vs. Weber State
- Stagnant or statement
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.