Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 12:05 pm
Sun Devils lose softball coach Clint Myers to Auburn
Myers took over in 2006, and from there guided the ASU program to an unparalleled level of success. The Sun Devils went 427-102 (.807) under his leadership, and reached the Women's College World Series seven times, including a pair of national championships in 2008 and 2011.
"This was a family decision... the reason being, my sons will be coaching with me at this new position," Myers said in a statement. "I am thrilled that in the final years of my coaching career that I will be able to mentor and help my sons to start their own college coaching careers."
During his time in Tempe, Myers' teams went 113-59 in conference play, and won the league twice.
"Clint has elevated our program to be one of the best, if not the best, in the nation, the past eight years," ASU athletic director Steve Patterson said. "Because of his efforts, the Sun Devil head coaching position also is one of the best in the nation and we will proceed to hire a great fit for Arizona State that continues the Sun Devil tradition at the highest level.
"Our list of softball highlights is extensive and will serve as a benchmark as we begin our search."
Last season the ASU softball team went 50-12 but was eliminated by Michigan in the WCWS.
- ASU's Todd Graham a finalist for Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Award
- Doug Franz College Football Playoff - Final
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
- Some things are more disappointing than Arizona State's loss to Stanford
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition