Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 12:05 pm
Sun Devils lose softball coach Clint Myers to Auburn
Myers took over in 2006, and from there guided the ASU program to an unparalleled level of success. The Sun Devils went 427-102 (.807) under his leadership, and reached the Women's College World Series seven times, including a pair of national championships in 2008 and 2011.
"This was a family decision... the reason being, my sons will be coaching with me at this new position," Myers said in a statement. "I am thrilled that in the final years of my coaching career that I will be able to mentor and help my sons to start their own college coaching careers."
During his time in Tempe, Myers' teams went 113-59 in conference play, and won the league twice.
"Clint has elevated our program to be one of the best, if not the best, in the nation, the past eight years," ASU athletic director Steve Patterson said. "Because of his efforts, the Sun Devil head coaching position also is one of the best in the nation and we will proceed to hire a great fit for Arizona State that continues the Sun Devil tradition at the highest level.
"Our list of softball highlights is extensive and will serve as a benchmark as we begin our search."
Last season the ASU softball team went 50-12 but was eliminated by Michigan in the WCWS.
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- ASU A.D. Anderson: New fee gives students more ownership of Sun Devil athletics
- ASU AD: Overtraining still a serious problem for student-athletes
- ASU and LSU agree to home-and-home series in 2022, 2023
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday March 27Ray Anderson looks back on the Sun Devil men's basketball season.