Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 12:05 pm
Sun Devils lose softball coach Clint Myers to Auburn
Myers took over in 2006, and from there guided the ASU program to an unparalleled level of success. The Sun Devils went 427-102 (.807) under his leadership, and reached the Women's College World Series seven times, including a pair of national championships in 2008 and 2011.
"This was a family decision... the reason being, my sons will be coaching with me at this new position," Myers said in a statement. "I am thrilled that in the final years of my coaching career that I will be able to mentor and help my sons to start their own college coaching careers."
During his time in Tempe, Myers' teams went 113-59 in conference play, and won the league twice.
"Clint has elevated our program to be one of the best, if not the best, in the nation, the past eight years," ASU athletic director Steve Patterson said. "Because of his efforts, the Sun Devil head coaching position also is one of the best in the nation and we will proceed to hire a great fit for Arizona State that continues the Sun Devil tradition at the highest level.
"Our list of softball highlights is extensive and will serve as a benchmark as we begin our search."
Last season the ASU softball team went 50-12 but was eliminated by Michigan in the WCWS.
- Mel Kiper Jr.: ASU's Sutton, Bradford could be taken on second or third day of draft
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.