Updated Jun 14, 2013 - 12:05 pm
Sun Devils lose softball coach Clint Myers to Auburn
Myers took over in 2006, and from there guided the ASU program to an unparalleled level of success. The Sun Devils went 427-102 (.807) under his leadership, and reached the Women's College World Series seven times, including a pair of national championships in 2008 and 2011.
"This was a family decision... the reason being, my sons will be coaching with me at this new position," Myers said in a statement. "I am thrilled that in the final years of my coaching career that I will be able to mentor and help my sons to start their own college coaching careers."
During his time in Tempe, Myers' teams went 113-59 in conference play, and won the league twice.
"Clint has elevated our program to be one of the best, if not the best, in the nation, the past eight years," ASU athletic director Steve Patterson said. "Because of his efforts, the Sun Devil head coaching position also is one of the best in the nation and we will proceed to hire a great fit for Arizona State that continues the Sun Devil tradition at the highest level.
"Our list of softball highlights is extensive and will serve as a benchmark as we begin our search."
Last season the ASU softball team went 50-12 but was eliminated by Michigan in the WCWS.
- Report: Former ASU running back Marion Grice released by San Diego Chargers
- Pac Mentality Week 1: Is Cal headed back to relevancy?
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Fork Report: ASU rides 'Big Three' to season-opening blowout of Weber State
- ASU takes care of business in Opening Night rout of Weber State: By The Numbers
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.