The gun control debate is still raging across America and one 15-year-old's voice is currently playing a big part.
According to ABC News, Sarah Merkle addressed Maryland lawmakers and the three-minute clip quickly garnered more than two million views on YouTube.
In her plea in front of Maryland State Legislature in Annapolis, Merkle says that guns are not the problem, people are.
"Purging our society of violence and murder cannot be done by gun control legislation." She continues, saying that in passing legislation,"You are not eliminating guns from society but eliminating our ability to protect our lives, liberty and pursuits of happiness."
Despite Merkle's efforts, the gun control measure passed.
- Dodgers facing new enemies, new expectations in 2014
- Carson Palmer eager for his encore season with Arizona Cardinals
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell