Arkansas rep tweets Boston 'liberals' wish they had guns now
A political official decided to weigh in on the ongoing manhunt for the Boston bombings suspect, Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, adding his name to the list of people sharing outlandish and absurd notions on Twitter.
Arkansas State Rep. Nate Bell (R) tweeted that "liberals" in Boston likely spent Thursday night hiding and hoping they all had firearms in their hands.
I wonder how many Boston liberals spent the night cowering in their homes wishing they had an AR-15 with a hi-capacity magazine? #2A— Nate Bell (@NateBell4AR) April 19, 2013
Bell later apologized on Facebook and Twitter for his poor timing, but not for the content of his post.
"I would like to apologize to the people of Boston & Massachusetts for the poor timing of my tweet earlier this morning. As a staunch and unwavering supporter of the individual right to self defense, I expressed my point of view without thinking of its effect on those still in time of crisis. In hindsight, given the ongoing tragedy that is still unfolding, I regret the poor choice of timing. Please know that my thoughts and prayers were with the people of Boston overnight and will continue as they recover from this tragedy."
- Dodgers facing new enemies, new expectations in 2014
- Carson Palmer eager for his encore season with Arizona Cardinals
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell