Updated May 9, 2013 - 2:25 pm
Mesa among top redneck cities in America
Take a bow, Mesa, but don't let your camouflage hat drag on the ground.
According to movoto.com, Mesa ranked tenth of the website's list of the most redneck cities in America.
The site used an array of criteria, including the percent of the population that didn't graduate high school, the amount of gun stores and taxidermists and the proximity to a NASCAR track.
Mesa, AZ ranked No. 1 in its number of gun/ammo stores per capita, with its population of just about 446,000 and a whopping 132 gun/ammo stores. After all, Arizona was recently ranked the "best state for gun owners," as you don't even need a permit to openly carry a gun in public.
The top city overall was Atlanta, followed by Kansas City, Oklahoma City, Nashville and Tulsa, respectively.
- Dodgers facing new enemies, new expectations in 2014
- Carson Palmer eager for his encore season with Arizona Cardinals
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell