While we wait for flying skateboards in the year 2015, Czech engineers have already designed the first flying bike.
Wired reports that the flying e-bike, which took off during a tech conference in Prague, is the result of The Design Your Dreams Flying Bike team, a team made up of three engineers who fulfilled their childhood dream.
The remote-controlled, 220-pound bike has six horizontal propellers and has the ability to hover over the air between three-to-five minutes.
The flying bike is currently being manned by a dummy, but the Czech engineers say they will keep working to have a real-life human control the bicycle by the end of the fall.
- Dodgers facing new enemies, new expectations in 2014
- Carson Palmer eager for his encore season with Arizona Cardinals
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell