Waitress rewards woman for publically breastfeading
Over the years breastfeeding has gotten a bad rep, but a waitress in Iowa decided to reward one of her customers she caught breastfeeding.
According to Yahoo! Shine, Jackie Johnson-Smith, a mother of three, went out for a family dinner to celebrate her birthday when her youngest began getting fussy. In order to soothe the 12-month-old, Johnson-Smith put on a nursing cover and began to breastfeed her child.
Johnson-Smith could tell the waitress had been staring at her so she went to her car to continue nursing her child. When her husband got to the car he handed her a receipt which had a hand written not saying: "I bought one of your pizzas. Please thank your wife for breastfeeding!"
Johnson-Smith went home touched and empowered and posted a picture of the receipt on Facebook. The picture now has over 2,000 shares and over 100 likes.
The waitress, Bodi Kinney, later told Yahoo! Shine:
"I noticed Johnson-Smith nursing and was so thrilled she did it. I tried not to stare because I didn't want to seem creepy or make her feel uncomfortable, but I felt like doing jumping jacks."
- Dodgers facing new enemies, new expectations in 2014
- Carson Palmer eager for his encore season with Arizona Cardinals
- Bickley: Here are 5 reasons to be optimistic about 2014 Arizona Cardinals on eve of free agency
- LeBron James drops 61: How high can he go
- Josh Pastner's family has number of great tales to tell